According to Evsevius (religious history), St. Paul left by ship
from Pafos for Perga in Pamphylia (Acts 13.5 “Paul and the
others left Pafos and sailed to Perga in Pamphylia”).
The harbour at Kato Pafos
Situated in the harbour of Kato Pafos, perhaps the most popular part
of the town, is the medieval castle. Originally built as a Byzantine
fortress in order to protect the harbour, it was later rebuilt by the
Lusignans in the 13th century but the Venetians pulled it down in
1570 because they could not defend it against the Turks, who in turn
rebuilt it and fortified it when they occupied the island.