Minthis Hills Golf Club
Minthis Hills Golf Club, the first grass course being built in Cyprus, was completed in April 1994. Located just 20 minutes from Paphos Town, on an elevated position of 550 meters above sea level, ensures cool breezes during the summer months.
Historically, the terrain has been part of the monastery of Stavros tis Minthis, which gives an air of timelessness and romance. The 18 hole-course, designed by Donald Steel, in two loops of nine, reveals the subtle hand of a man who always allows a course to blend into its natural surroundings.
Major renovation of the course started in the year 2006 under the guidance of Mackenzie and Ebert from the UK.
All green surrounds were reshaped and re-grassed. Two new greens and two new practice greens were rebuilt. Significant work was carried out on the 3rd. 6th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th and 18th fairways. Every tee and every bunker was rebuilt. The irrigation system was completely renewed and drainage and water harvesting improved, so that more water can be safely collected and taken down to the reservoir without being wasted or damaging the course.
The main change to the course was the extension of the 12th hole. It has become an exciting drivable short par four. The 13th hole was shortened and has become a par three, the stream has been lined with boulders. The blindness of the 6th hole was removed and the steep slopes of the fairways on the 11th and the 18th were evened out to make them more playable
On the 1st of June 2007 Minthis Hills Golf Course re-opened to the public.
The course is par 71 and measures 5843 meters, a fine test for players of all abilities.
A new two-thousand square meter club house has opened in December 2011, enjoying fantastic views of the golf course and dramatic valley. Also in the club house you will find a fully stocked pro-shop (all rental items are available), a comfortable, spacious and well equipped changing areas and conference facilities.
There is now a completely new driving range which is much wider and longer than the old one, putting green, pitching and chipping area, are also available. The driving range is very dramatic with a high tee level overlooking the mountains and a high rock face at the far end.
Facts & Facilities:
• 18 Holes, par 71, 5843 meters
• Designed by Donald Steel, renovation by Mackenzie & Ebert
• Location: Tsada village, Paphos
• Handicap: women 36, men 28
• Greens: average 6985sqm/hole
• Tees: 3/hole (447sqm/hole approx.)
• Fairways: challenging and undulating, plenty of strategic options
• Bunkers: 35 (1600sqm approx.)
• Lakes: 1
• Driving range: 16 bays
• Putting green: 664sqm approx.
• Chipping green: 326sqm approx.
• Pitching green: bunker green 70sqm
• Golf buggies, club, manual & electric trolley rental available
• Golf lessons: Tuesday to Sunday
• Junior Academy: March – November every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 10:00 – 12:00
• Spikes: only soft spikes permitted
SPECIAL GOLF PACKAGES